View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Matthew,
It is great that you are there helping your mother find the best route through with her condition. It sounds as though this MDS facility is really trying to make things the best they can for her, and their approach sounds to be really good.

It is true that CR can sometimes give inconsistent results, leading to problems, and I have read that many neuros prefer to have their more elderly patients on the IR version. But I think that getting a good medication regime that works for the individual is anyway a matter of trial and error, and that a good doctor will be looking for certain outcomes to the changes they have made that will help them to a clearer diagnosis.

There are many people, young and old, who have had the 'atypical' label applied to them at some point or another, I am one of them. In part this comes because we get seen at different times in our medication schedule, we don't always 'look' the same, but also there are the variables between PD and PS, and there will be a natural reluctance on the part of doctors to medicate people who may not benefit from the medication. So it is good that your mother is going through this process - and even better that you are there to support her.

Best wishes for a good outcome to the next months changes, it takes time for dopa starved brains to settle down, and to generally rebalance. There is also an emerging picture of doctors who are understanding that at least in the very early stages of medication less can actually be more........

Take care
Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote