View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When my father was in the nursing home, I was in the process of getting medicaid it took a awhile because of some assets that were putting him over the limit. When you can't have more than $2000 in assets to qualify it makes it kinda hard. I also had to prove he did not qualify for VA benefits like pensions and that stuff, that was a stressful and long situation at the VA office. When I finally had medicaid pending the nursing home got tired of waiting because of the time it took. And not knowing if they would back pay to January when his medicare payments stopped. So they decided they were not going to let him stay any longer. Three weeks later after he went home medicaid approved him from the begining of January when medicare stop paying till the end of March when he left. What is wrong with this picture, it was a complete nightmare. By the way I did have an attorney helping me. That was also a waste of time, even with them talking to the nursing home and medicaid that did not help. The attorney could not understand either why they made him leave when it was filed and pending. Great system we have.
lynn01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote