View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 02:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-in - Sept 17th

Hi friends,
I was just writing on another forum and realized that the weekly check-in is what is holding that group together. We have some amazing people here, but no one is saying anything. I'll start this one.

Here in the holler it has gotten cooler. Fog drifts through every morning and evening, making it difficult to avoid the possums and deer that test our driving skills. A few leaves have even started to turn, although the foliage display is nothing compared to what the north is experiencing.

Last week my daughter had oral surgery - and for the first time she was treated very well.

I am still pretty sick. I have been trying to avoid the ER. I have a promising dr visit on Monday, but it is an hour away and I don't know how to get there. The idea of driving an hour is scary. I am afraid that he will put me in the hospital...and that really freaks me out.

I hope that you are all enjoying the impending change of season. Some of my favorite times were spent with my dad or grandfather on our biannual walks in the woods. They would tell me about their childhood, tell me how to identify trees, flowers, and it just seemed like a special time, even then.

Take care and do tell what's happening in your life,

Love - Mama
mamafigure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote