Thread: Cold Feet
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well I had my block yesterday and the doc who did it was very nice but not so chatty.

Here is what I was able to discern. He is unwilling to commit to any diagnosis at this time. Whch was frustrating but then one of his nurses said dont worry its not like its a tumor or anything....twit.

The block was painful as my skin was so sensitive to the touch going in there so the initial lidocaine shot was a big ouch. The rest of it was painful especially when he knicked a nerve and all these electrical feeling went down my arm. Then second deep pressure pain in chest. I made it through with a few tears.

Afterwerds he could feel the differnece in my hands, right warmed up quickly and left warmed up later that night. And feet warmed up. And today they are still warm and the skin sensitivity is still down.

Later the nurse practitioner (different one) explained he wants to track this since e said I am a complicated case and RSD doesn't usually present all over the body. Then she said however your symptoms do look like RSD.

So I wnt home, had a nice chat in the forum and hubby made me chicken soup and I relaxed

Today hands and feet warmer and slin sensitivity way down. Success who knows relief I'll take it.

This morning I went to acupuncture/pain doc and we discussed all that happened. She told me the next time the cold hands and feet happen to try the heating pad on the belly and the head and the upper back so as to tell the core it is warm and to stop hoggin all the heat and blood. Interesting. I'll try it.

Thanks for all your advice. The outcome remains to be seen but atleast I have some relief.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote