Hi Mrs. D -
The nutritional info is for 2 capsules:
Vitamin B1 (Benfotiamine) 300mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 4mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl) 4mg
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobatamin) 2000mcg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) 500IU
Directions state to take 2 capsules twice daily.

My Dad did have his B12 tested but the doctor said it was well within normal range...not certain what it was though. I ordered the vitamins last night and will start him on them as soon as i receive - the way i see it, it can't get much worse. I may also try giving him the Acetyl L Carnitine supplement as well.
This one is quite new. And surprisingly is very strong. Typically I don't like mixtures, because they often have a ratio that is not really useful.

I would expect this to be very expensive. Was it? If not, then I would wonder if it contains what it says it does! You can send me a PM and tell me if you don't want to post here. I am guessing about $60/month?

It also should be taken on an empty stomach, because of the B12 content. Do the directions say that? If not, that omission is important. So follow the empty stomach recommendation I give for best absorption of the B12.

The D is low, but in a mixture, I wouldn't expect it to be higher.
He may need much more than these provide. But you will have to have testing to show that.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote