View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 03:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Angiogram

Hi kimmie,

My angiogram was fairly uneventful. I had it done in a couple of years ago prior to my surgery to determine how much blockage I had in my subclavian artery and the vein. They injected a dye by IV that they had put in my arm.

After injecting the dye they then took the x-rays immediately following the dye injection to determine where the blood was going through and where the blockage was.

They injected the dye many times then took many x-rays as they had me going in to many provocative positions during the veinogram.

This was instructed by my vascular surgeon as he was well aware of the TOS diagnosis. It did not hurt at all the only part that hurt was when they put me into the provocative positions i.e. the superman pose with your arms above your head we all know how difficult it is to lift her arms up that high it took me a little bit of time to get into the position, but it was fairly uneventful. I would say nothing to worry about

On a scale of one to 10 for fear, this is about a 2. And always remember this statement........

There is nothing to fear but fear itself
Education is the key to lack of fear so long as you know what you're going in for then you shouldn't be afraid. I would suggest going on to a site like Web MD, and reading through what they do during a veinogram so that you're well aware of what's going to happen!

Best of luck,
Love and hugs Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote