View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default strange question

hi,
my stepson is adhd,he is 10 years old,we have had a lot of trouble with him in the past but now we aknowledged the problem so we got him on the right medication,just about all the problems went away apart from one,i have watched him many a times do this.every time he has to go anywhere he seems to get a rise out of making us mad before he goes,for example and this is just one of many,he had a basketball game,he loves to play but every game, he does the same thing before he goes,he starts to argue and basically make trouble for his mum and i,this is everything,school in the morning,games or any event,visiting family.one particular event that happened was my wife and i had made plans to go to the cinema one night,he had plans to go to his friends,he made his plans before we did but that day he found out that we was going to the cinema he started saying im not going anywhere tonight,which basically stopped us from our cinema plans,i know there maybe a little jealousy but i just wondered what people thought about this?is this part of adhd or is it something else??its very frustrating and he seems to do it to his mother more than me,im sure he just likes to see us ****** off,like he gets a kick out of it.
any replies would be appreciated
thanks lee,sorry about the long post