View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn,
I'm so glad you are doing so well and when you have the booster it will decrease the last part of your pain. The thing I can tell you is to be very very careful NOT to bump in to anything or hurt yourself because once you do so the pain comes back with a vengence! So for anyone out there getting the ketamine treatment please make sure you do not hurt yourself once you get the treatment done.

I don't have a pain management doctor in eastern PA. I went to two of them and all they wanted to do was nerve blocks which did not help and told me years ago to go to Dr. S and get the ketamine done. Last month I contacted another pain management doctor and he told me he could not help me because he would usually do nerve blocks and none worked on me. I've been seeing a neurologist here in the area for all my meds and I started getting IVs of natural vitamins and hopefully that will make me stronger and lessen my pain some. You should find someone in your area as Dr. R is such a long way away from your home. You need someone local to monitor you more closely.

I thought about seeing Dr. R but I just can't mentally and physically go through the ketamine again because it was so bad and was such a traumatic experience for me. I may do lidocaine next year with Dr. S but I'm not sure. I might just stay the way I am (in lots of pain) as I know what I am dealing with now. I can never deal with how bad the pain was in Sept/Oct again. It was horrible.

I had to laugh when you said Dr. S office moved up your booster IV because that was probably the one he canceled on me haha. Just had a chuckle over that one. Best of luck to you and let me know how long the treatment lasts for you. I pray it last for years and years!!!
take care,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote