View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks to you both.

Personally, I am waiting for them to do research on all grains, not just wheat, rye, and barley. All grains contain gluten..the gluten found in wheat, rye, and barley is specifice to celiac disease. Yet some of us with gluten intolerance can not eat ANY grains, more than likely because we can't handle ANY glutens. First I gave up the original 3 glutens (wheat, rye, and barley), then I had to give up soy, next was corn, and finally I had to give up rice. This was over 5 yrs time after going gluten free.

Quote:
They also found one peptide, dubbed the “universal toxic peptide”, was a problem no matter what grain was eaten.
I'm wondering if this is referring only to wheat, rye, and barley, I'm sure it is. This peptide must be the one that gets all of us, yet with over 90 peptides, it's no wonder some of us have such a difficult time. I didn't start feeling better until I gave up all grains, then went on a candida diet to repair all the damage the grains had caused.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote