View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark,

Thank you for the reading tips and other tips. It is nice to not be alone -- although I feel for everyone with this injury.

Just as you stated, pushing through is no longer a great technique. It used to be my motto. Now trying to push through brings only pain and headaches.

Communication is very hard. I feel locked inside my brain and cannot adequately express myself to my family and friends let alone my doctors. This is an area I would great appreciate any tips or techniques.

I still leave things in the microwave. I gave up on regular cooking as I burnt so many pots and pans. I was afraid that I would burn the house down. Takeout and delivery are my best friends.

I have lost count of the number of times that I am sure that I have run the laundry or dishwasher without detergant. Hint: you can tell when the dishes aren't really clean My technique is to put yellow post-its on things with remainders, checklists -- i.e. load dishes, put in detergent, turn on.

Yesterday I struggled. Today is a good day. I take it one day at a time and hope to have more good days.
ConcussedinPA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote