View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question (RSD) 5 day Ketamin infusion with Dr. Schwartzman

Hi my name is Shanna and I am 22 years old. I have suffered with RSD for 13 years since I was nine years old. I have had many different treatments most unsuccessful and some only giving me breif relief from the pain.

Just recently I have been approved for the 5 day inpatient ketamine infusion which Dr. Schwartzman in Philedelphia will be administering. I will be recieving this treatment starting December 13th 2010 in Philedelphia.

I haven't had any treatment in over 3 years and although I am excited to have the chance to try ketamine I am also very nervous and scared and not quite sure what to expect while I am there. It also makes me even more nervous that no one can stay with me especially because my home is over 1 hour and a half away and I will only have a few visitors during the week if any. This is the first treatment where I will be by myself in the hospital.

My main question is has anybody gotten the 5 day inpatient ketamine treatment in Philly with Dr. Schwartzman, and how did it all go over for them? Also I am curious on how the ketamine is going to make me feel during the treatment and even how i will feel after I am discharged, if anybody could please explain their experience I am sure it will bring me some comfort.

Any information is appreciated, the date draws nearer for my treatment and although I have high hopes of getting some relief I am nervous non the less. Thankyou to anyone that can possibly answer my questions.
Shanna_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote