View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 03:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Exsactly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
Adding too many additional objects might risk busy-ness . . . but I would think the painting could be much better if you added a center of interest.

Tonight I am attending an artist's reception for a show in which 6 out of the 7 works I submitted were accepted. I show a dozen or more works every year at various juried fine art shows. I have juried one show myself, and a few years back I sat in on the jury while they made their decisions at a show I chaired. I know what jurors look for when selecting works to hang and to award places to. It is basically the same thing others look for when purchasing, viewing, or just enjoying art. It is also the same list artists might use when evaluating their own artwork while it is in progress, and when selecting works to hang in shows:

While it is more common that an artist will overwork a piece, it is just as dangerous to stop before you have created your best work. And so what if you change it and don't like it? If you learn from the experience, then you are doing exactly what most artists do . . . learning from each painting what could be better . . . and taking that to the easel with each fresh new canvas.
So maybe whats missing is you !! or shal I say her .....
Tamedblnde is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote