View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Oh gosh, it would be wonderful if she was CURED!!! We can only hope and pray! But I've seen miracles happen ~ my son is a miracle for that matter. He had leukemia as a child - when he was 7 yrs old. That was in 1977 when they didn't know anything about leukemia. He was in an experimental program, because that's basically all they had back then. He took chemo for 3 years, and also had radiation. After 3 years, they took him off his drugs - I was terrified.

I should mention that when he first started taking chemo, they told us he was going to die - that he was "too old" for this kind of cancer - that they liked to see kids from 2-5 because they have the best luck with them. Since my son was 7 yrs old, he would probably die.

Well,he's 40 yrs old now ~ so he's a miracle. And your mother-in-law could very well be a miracle too! Since she's responding so well, it looks good! I'll be praying BIG TIME in hopes that she has many more years to go. God bless and please keep us posted on her progress. And please get some rest??? YOU need it! Hugs, Lee
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here to update but things are ok. Chemo's over she's feeling better but still not perfect. Where still working on her house to remove the mold issue. What has been holding everything up is once there done with the mold removal testing has to be done and should be done by EPA certifided testers, which is what we decided to do at a $1000 a pop. But her health is comprised so it really has to be done,plus we will be staying there on and off and will eventually move into that home once we sells ours.

She never started the paxcil, she's just stubborn. We I should say my husband is trying so hard to finish this mold job and get her back to her house before she starts to go down hill again. Like I have said previously she is sometype of remission but they are still draining 120cc of liguid a week which really should be at 25cc if things where perfect. So that's it for now. Will try and post more often. Everyone has been so supportive.

Thank you,
gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote