Thread: Question!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylastnerve View Post
Dear Anastasia,
Welcome to this forum. I hope that we can help. I had an MRI done by my neurologist, and he said that it was 'clean' - that it did not show a compression. He eventually referred me to a neurosurgeon anyway. When the neurosurgeon found out that I hadn't had a 'thin-slice' MRI, he immediately sent me for one and said that the neurologist should have done one. A 'thin slice' MRI is one that takes the 'slices' (pictures) much closer together - I think that a normal MRI is 32 slices, and a thin slice is 64. Anyway, the neurosurgeon DID find compressions on the 'thin slice' MRI - he said that the compression had been 'hiding' between the slices.
I hope that this helps, maybe they can refer you for one.
Welcome again!
Lily

Hello Lily!
well to be honest I don't know what a thin MRI means BUT I can understand what are you saying, because at the beggining I had an MRI that was clear, and then I had another one with more details to check the vessels as well * sorry don't know if this is the correct word in english* and we did that more in details MRI as well... and still I was perfect!!!!
AnastasiaGrecia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote