View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
One of the key foundations underlying PD is an overly zealous immune response in the brain. <Pause to inform the new faces that everything that I post has an implied IMHO attached. >

As a result of that response, infection anywhere in the body causes a flareup in the brain that does two things: it kills neurons and it puts neuroactive chemicals into the soup that disrupts everything else.

Read all about it in mind numbing detail on my blog here.
Thanks reverett, especially for the link to your blog, what you say makes perfect sense. I've immersed myself in past posts from all of you (bows and waves ) over the last 4 months, and you've given me an understanding of PD I couldn't find elsewhere ( except for when the high level tekky stuff leaves me gawping, mouth open !)

My indecision stems from :
1. No guarantee that the surgery will cure the infection (as last time). If it was 80/90% guaranteed to work I'd go for it
2. That the last surgery (or the massive infection leading to it) kicked off the onset of my discernable PD symptoms
3. That perhaps the anaesthetics themselves (again I refer to prior posts) or the trauma of the operation promoted the changes.

What I really need is a Magic Wand