View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Krugen,
This is what I would do if it were me
1. Find out the cause of your high platelet count and deal with that issue first. Besides the cause for this, it puts you at greater risk for blood clots - possibly to the lungs or to the brain neither of which is good
2. Get a 2nd opinion for your cyst. No surgeon is going to give you any guarantee for successful removal and clean up infection.
3.. I assume you have been thru multiple antibiotic rounds. Do you have MRSA? C-Dificile? Super bugs ASK hospital infectious disease department what their numbers are for these superbugs.
4. Chronic infection is bad for your PD, General anesthesia is not good for PD
5. My decision would be find the right surgeon who has low infection rates (ASK)to clean out the cyst using a local anesthesia (blocks) and lots of versed and fentanyl to keep you asleep during the proceedure. As soon as you are awake enough, leave the hospital for home care to decrease risk of hospital related infections. That is the only way of getting rid of embedded, resistant infections IMHO. It is a 50-50 risk either way.

I am not giving you medical advise, just my opinion as to what I would do in your situation. Good luck

Tulip girl
tulip girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
krugen68 (11-16-2010)