View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was never called in to see the state doctor and I was approved the first time I applied for SSDI. I received approval within two months of applying. I hope this is the case for your father as well. Good luck. I don't want to sound discouraging in any way at all but from what I understand it is very rare to get approved the first time you apply. I think a lot of it has to do with your diagnosis, doctor's backing, and documentation. I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) aka Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) in both arms and in my spine affecting my entire upper body. It is a progressive disease that originally began in my right arm and shoulder. It was caused from a nerve injury to the C4/C5 nerve root from a herniated disc. I was 40 at the time (43 now) and was (am) a RN and definitely was no longer able to do that job or any other without the use of my arms so my case was pretty straight forward. The RSD/CRPS was also affecting some internal organs--my heart and stomach. I had a cardiologist, gastroenterologist, neurologist, pain management doctor (anesthesiologist), and my general practitioner all saying I needed to go on disability so I had a lot of medical backing. Anyway, I didn't intend to make this post all about me just trying to explain why I was approved so easily the first time. Again I wish your dad good luck.

Cricket
Cricket183 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote