View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Poetist, I wasn't at all putting you down, so I hope you don't think that! I was trying to show how "they" think and see patients. It's truly sad that they can't simply "practice" medicine.

I've had two situations where doctors do that "but I like Dr. So and So." It is doctor code for "I will back that doctor up if you ever choose to complain about her or sue her." They are literally given things to say and how to say them, as if they can't think for themselves.

You don't know me very well, so you probably don't know that I've written a book on doctoring because of all the crap I've been through. My sarcasm was not directed at you at all!!! Doctors have the lions share of power and they often abuse that power. No one deserves that. You were treated poorly because you dared to question a doctor who said you should sleep on a tennis ball. I mean, why not a golf ball or a ping-pong ball.

After all of their schooling, what they really need are a few courses on manners, creativity and socialization.

Annie

Shalynn, I almost couldn't stomach that book after just browsing through it! I only wanted to see how he approached the topic and didn't want it to influence my book. It was like one long massive rationalization for why patients get it wrong and doctors are close to Gods. Just my take on it. Glad you liked it.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote