Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hello Emily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily24gordon View Post
I am going tomorrow to have my trial scs placed for Chronic lower back and leg pain- I am going nuts with worry and concern. Any advice would be welcomed
Welcome! It's good to have you! I'm happy you found the SCS Forum here at NT, as there is SO much support and information here!

I'm sorry about the pain you suffer. I can very much relate.
I've had my SCS for 8 months now and love it. I've battled chronic Peripheral Neuropathy/RSD in both legs for over 5 years. The horrible burning pain was awful!
This forum is pretty active and we are all like one big caring family, always looking out for one another.

It will be great getting to know you and we'll all help quelch your worries!
Let us know how your trial procedure went (today ?).
You'll probably have a bit of discomfort from the small incision where they placed your leads and you may not feel up to doing much this first day.
But in the next couple of days you'll feel better and can concentrate on whether or not the stimulation reaches the areas your pain is.
It's a 'strange' sensation, but MUCH better than the horrible burning pain.

Try to relax and not be stressed about this! This could very possibly be what helps you to get back a quality of life.

How many days do you get to do the trial?
Is your pain from an injury?

Let us know how you are doing and feel free to ask all the questions you want! We'll be looking out for your posts!

Truly Caring
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (11-19-2010), edever34 (11-17-2010)