View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy My Husband's death

Hello to all. I am new here. My wonderful husband died 3 months ago from non-small lung cancer. We were married 20 years and he was only 59. He died within 2 weeks of his diagnosis. I have health problems: rheumatoid arthritis, perpheral neuropathy among others. I am on alot of meds and my doctor prescribed xanax after my husband died.
I am going to group grief counseling offered by the hospice. The problem is from the time I arrive at the meeting until after I leave, I cry uncontrollably and cannot stop so I cannot participate in the conversation and don't get any benefit from the group. Sometimes it gets so bad I have to leave because I feel I am a disruption. I have alot of breakdowns in public but they usually resolve quickly.
I am already on alot of psych drugs for my various conditions including the xanax. What can I do to control myself so I can benefit from the meetings? No one else carries on like I do and I feel like I am acting like a baby. Does anyone have any advice to offer? Thank you.
catloucle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (11-20-2010)