View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Horror Flick Images

I've had this issue since I was ten and had my first bipolar disorder episode. Until recently I thought I was the only one that had these weird images that would go through the mind! Whenever I have an episode, usually one of the things that happens is that every frightening image, sound, smell, feeling. et cetera that I have ever seen on my own or seen in movies or photos comes flashing into my head. It is like a spliced sequence of all this horrible stuff going nonstop, especially at night when I am lying in bed. I used to just think of it as "the horror flicks in my head". Unfortunately I have seen many bad things due to my career (a mixture of psychology and police work) plus I enjoy horror movies and am also a WWII enthusiast. I have enough scary stuff in my head to last me three lifetimes! I know that it will go away though so I just tough it out; sometimes my doctor will give me the okay to up my Xanax a little. Yes, it will go away, but that also means it will come back. The scariest scenes are the ones of people who have committed suicide by using a gun to the head; I have unfortunately seen this several times. I just try to tell myself that this condition helps to make me more sympathetic to human suffering and makes me more compassionate. I never thought about it until I read this forum thread, but maybe there is a bit of PTSD giong on too from my work-related experiences. Thanks everyone for sharing....