View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lily,
Thank you so much for your response. I did see a Neurologist and we tried pain relief through medication, but I don't respond to medication well AT ALL (I've had side effects that I can't deal with). The doctor I am seeing is an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. I had upper and lower jaw reconstruction - during the procedure the implants were put in. During the original surgery, many of my nerves were cut so I don't have too much feeling in my face right now, but I can feel pressure (if that makes sense). So, permanently cutting the nerves isn't THAT big of a deal for me since I've been dealing with the loss of feeling for several years now. Then again, permanent means I can't change my mind down the road...

I've thrown around the idea of getting the implants taken out and from what I am understanding this is major surgery. I have never seen a plastic surgeon and never thought about doing so to be honest.

I'm meeting with the Oral Surgeon this afternoon and hopefully I'll have some more answers.

Thank you again for your post, I really appreciate your advice!!! I'll let you know what happens this afternoon.
needpainrelief is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote