View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Don't feel badly about it, Blessings...

Neither of us are computer gifted either. We had alot of problems with Zone Alarm, when we got our first laptop.

For someone who is not good with all the messages and understanding them, Zone Alarm is a pain in the butt IMO. It actually froze our new laptop. So we switched to Avast free version, and for 3 yrs or so now, it has worked well.

I don't think anything catches everything...stuff is going to sneak thru. That is why we do 4 programs weekly, each one catches different malwares.

I am going to cut back on helping people here, like I always used to. I am not going to expose myself to everything out there!

There is a good program at Trend Micro, called HouseCall which is free. I use it every year or so, and last time it caught one thing none of the others did. It is a LONG scan... hours for us.

My son put the Microsoft Windows firewall on the fixed laptop. And it seems to be doing the job. But I don't use it that much either. It is also on the new one my hubby uses, that is Windows 7.

I am still using XP on here and my old back up laptop.

Did your removal of 2 entries fix your Ebay problem? Does that work better now?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (11-19-2010)