Thread: Swelling
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Swelling

Hello, I'm a newbie here and I'm here as a result of an automobile accident in Jan. Long way from there to here. The last month my symptoms seem to have taken a rapid road to escalation. I had a nerve block, got maybe two total days of relief, but a great deal of mental relief. Not so many lightening bolts bouncing around in my brain. Hallelujah! But my speed of movement, well let's just say speed doesn't describe anything I do. I've been totally off work for nearly a month partially because I was able to finish my work on time and what was only my left leg involvement suddenly became my right foot and ankle swelling and turning red/blue/black. I limit the steps I take, but even when I awaken in the mornings my feet are swollen and red and burning. I just wish I could find that guy that has that bicycle pump hooked up to my feet. My husband keep assuring me that no one's foot has ever exploded, but I've been first at a lot of things, mostly not good.

Ok, to the point. Yesterday, I had two sacroilliac injections. I'm still waiting. What am I waiting for? I do feel like maybe the intensity of the burning might have diminished, but today, my verbal skills seem to have taken a step backwards. Is that a common occurence? Up until now, I knew I was losing my ability to adapt in stressful situations and some name forgetfulness, but I'm having to type almost each word two or three times because my fingers aren't goint where I tell them.

I just made my kitchen sink shiny so I'm feeling pretty good right now. But now I have to go to timeout to balance it out.

I'm counting my blessing today. First on the list is my magnificent, unmatchable most wonderful grandchildren, all ten of them. I know I had to have kids to get the grandkids, but my grandchildren love me with total unconditional love and are not afraid to express it.Our group hugs are pretty rambuncious!
gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote