View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, you can do some chocolate.... it is not that much sugar. Dark has antioxidants in it. Used in moderation, is it a good treat I think.

Donuts, cookies, pies, etc...those are the worst. Also some candy is all sugar like gummies.

Dark chocolate has magnesium in it, and if you get almonds, too, 3oz of almonds is 270mg of mag!

My Kroger's is offering no sugar added pies -- little ones--this season. I've tried the peach and cherry... modestly. I leave most of the crust too!

Avoid high fructose corn syrup, and transfats. (transfats are getting to be less and less). But transfats really gum up the workings of your nerves...so they must be totally avoided!

It is the ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 you need to control
1:1 or up to 1:5 is considered optimum. Olive oil doesn't count, in either ratio. Also suggested is to limit saturated fat, but you don't need to remove it all. It is considered "neutral" to inflammation. But it does have some natural transfats in it. So trim roasts, buy low fat meats, lower fat dairy etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote