View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I had this done in the year 2000, in the lumbar spine, and it didn't do ANY GOOD at all. It was done with fluoroscopy too, so I KNOW he got the right nerve. Why it didn't work, I do not know. You have to remember that this is A temporary fix. This doesn't last forever. You may get relief from 3 months to one year or you may not get any relief at all. Also the nerves grow back at the average rate of 1" per month. So like I said, this is TEMPORARY. You'd have to have this done again.

After the procedure, I felt sore, but nothing bad. All I did was put ice on the area, and it was fine. I didn't even need to take extra pain meds. The day of the procedure, he told me to take it easy and not do much. The next day I was ok - that area was just a bit sore, but nothing big. I didn't need any pain meds for it. You'll be fine - there's nothing to it.

Don't worry about the procedure cause it's a snap. Just worry if it's going to work or not. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA (09-16-2011)