View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Hi Lefty,
I believe any injury can bring back the rsd pain like you said from 1997. Once you have rsd it can lie dormant in your body for years and then rear its ugly head when you injure yourself (aren't we so lucky haha). Also, the increase in burning pain can be from the weather in your area. I know for me the barometric pressure going up causes me more pain and there is almost a full moon which causes me more pain too. Try a warm epsom salt bath and two weeks ago my neuro doctor told me to take a bath with baking soda (1 pound of baking soda to a tub of water) because something with the alkaline and rsd makes us feel better. I have to ask her next week what she was talking about since I was going out the door when she mentioned it. Mirroring one side to the other is also something rsd does unfortunately. One more quick reply for you is about sleep. I've tried all the sleep aids out there and just recently tried ambien again and it has been working well. I can't take any of the other meds out there for rsd as they make me feel so much worse and lethargic too. Maybe you need a switch in your meds. Contact your doctor with your new problems to see what he/she says. Best of luck to you and I hope you have less pain.
take care,
kathy d
Thanks Kathy for responding. But I may have not made myself clear and for that I apologize. The rsd is current, dx in May 2010, and the Sciatic Nerve injury is from 1997. I was wondering if rsd can cause this nerve pain to come back after all these years...ten time worse than before?
Lefty
For the past two or three months my back had been giving me problems.
lefty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote