View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Headaches

These can be hard to find the cause of, let alone find pain relief.
I agree, take pain medication to let you cope for the short term, but really try to find out what is the cause.
There may be a simple one, or they may be several.
So take it slowly and carefully, but do your own research, don't rely on medical advise only. Question everything the doctors say until you are satisfied that both of you understand each other, and that any treatment offered is acceptable.
Medical help tends to be drug and surgery oriented, with no allowance for dietary imbalances, your diet itself, life style, fitness level and so on. These are the areas that you must look into, as it is there that you may well find the answer.

Drugs will mask a symptom ,but won't get to the cause. And we often overlook the very simple things in search of a 'proper' medical diagnosis, if you see what I mean.
Get blood tests for vitamins and minerals, thyroid etc.

Revue your diet and revise it to eliminate modern nasties, such as all sugars, refined foods, soft drinks, fast foods. It can be done.
Drink water throughout the day.

Check your mattress and pillow for proper support. Pillows are leading culprits for headaches.
Monitor and reduce computer time-another great headache cause.

Take magnesium oil. This has almost completely cured me of chronic-25 years-headaches. Magnesium deficiency is estimated to be with 80% of the population, and testing your levels is not easy. The way to go is just take it and see what happens! Can't recommend it highly enough.
I have suggested this to 2 other people recently, and both have had stunning success with it.
I would suggest that you will be able to find and eliminate the cause yourself, if you research it and work through the problem areas.

For a bit of pain relief, also have remedial massage. Muscles can give you intense pain, so they need to be considered too. My neck pain was almost solely from tight muscles.

I am now also taking a high dose of Vit C every 4 hours, and feel very good.

So my 3 strongest suggestions for relief would be magnesium oil, Vit C, and remedial massage. These may cure you, or at least give you breathing space to examine the other areas.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsrogers (11-22-2010)