View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 09:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillizziem View Post
I went to the dentist today and was told not only do I need a root canal, I also need to have one tooth pulled (the root canal would be too difficult, and it would only save the tooth for a few years). I have had RSD in my right foot for two years now.

I went to the dentist for a simple filling replacement about six months ago. It was pure agony. My face swole up, and my pain skyrocketed for about two weeks. I do not think it is safe to have either the root canal or extraction, but I have to don something at this point. I am terrified that the RSD will spread to my face.

On top of that, I have called about a hundred dentist (endodontist, oral surgeons) and NONE of them will take me as a patient. I need to do something. Please help.
Good Morning,
I had a bad tooth a couple years ago that needed to come out, and under the advice of my RSD doc, it was done by an oral surgeon (familiar with RSD) at the hospital and under anesthesia (sp?) I didnt have any problems afterwards. Have you asked your RSD doc for a recommendation to an oral surgeon, usually they know who to entrust their patients to.

For me personally, any major dental work will be done this way

feel better soon
DeesRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote