View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tresa,

From what you are discribing this sounds like your grandaugther may be having a posssible absence (petit mal) and aura seizure. Ask your grandaughter if she remembers anything after she has these feelings. Often an aura seizure which is also known as a simple partial seizure will lead into a absence seizure. Take note if your grandaughter had a daydream or staring look on her face after she gets the feeling in her body. Often when I have an aura seizure I will begin to see colors in my eyes flashing back and forth and get a nervous feeling in my stomach and sometimes this will lead into a absence seizure where I just stare for a few seconds but I am confused and tired after the seizure is over.
Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger seizures. My advice to you is to have your grandaughter family Dr. refer her to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) and be sure to go to a Epilepsy Center which are usually at University Hospitals. These Drs.can run a e.e.g. and other tests to find out what's going on. Also tell your grandaughter to stay away from cell phones because they can trigger seizures and have her cut back on the carbohydrates and starch foods which can also cause seizures. I wish you and your grandaughter the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TRESA (11-21-2010)