View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 09:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi ada......

i have several 'used too's' but am usually focusing on what i 'can' do..........like spending time with emily.....(and there is a new one on the way...yipeeee )

i grew up on skates........... ice and roller.....loved to skate.........now i no longer can, but i enjoy watching emily ice skate.........skiing was another one i loved....water,and snow...but those are totally out of the question.............

i consider myself very fortunate, as my rsd pain is tolerable...i do however, watch what i do, as i have more pain from the fibro........

however, frank is really going to have a long list of used too's.......

with three homes to keep up, he used to do it 'all' repairs, painting, anything that needed to be done....(he is a good handy man...lol ) but with this new injury, his rsd have really taken hold of him.......he used to be able to continue working as a cop, but not now...............
he used to play football, softball, bowl, hunt, fish, ski, if it was a sport, he did it......... however, now he sits at home watching tv, with a pillow propped under his arm, and suffers immensley.........
his career will be gone, as they already told him he could no longer be a cop.....
i try to encourage him to stay positive, and dwell on what he CAN do, but that list is limited.......he is a strong guy, so i know he will find something that he will be able to do....i just hope that they can get him SOME relief from this pain.............his meds are doing absolutely NOTHING........

so there ya have it in a nut shell....lafff

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote