View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 09:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ada,

interesting thread....

Without help I can
use my computer (as long as the carer has decided to set it up and put my headset on)
use my electric wheelchair

erm I think that's it...... (I am a quad - so I suppose being able to do those 2 are good things)

Things I can do with help from mates/ carers:
basic stuff like dress, wash, transfer, go to the bathroom, eat (sometimes) etc
Go out for walks
Go out to dinner/ clubs/ cinema/ bars
Shopping - sometimes - too scared of being touched, and HATE being looked at like I'm from outer space and then talking to the people over my head!!!!
Go to lectures, write essays, read books, write stories,
Go to concerts and plays
Help cook (well... tell people what to cook is a better expression i suppose)

Basically on my own I can't do anything - but with great mates and carers there is pretty much nothing I can't do.. (well, apart from use my body!) oh well.

On the subject of hobbies - I love reading (but can't hold the EVIL book) and hanging with my friends - it's brill, if I need to lie down or just need to stay still or something they are fine and either come and sit on my bed and talk or just hang out in my room... and my boys also come and give me a hand... (durning the "you will go on bed rest" times they used to pick me up and carry me to someone else's bed so I could look at a different ceiling! LOL...

Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxx