View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 04:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smae View Post
I read this thread from start to finish today. I was all for making laundry detergent and other things, but my mom won't go for it.

I am trying to find ways to cut costs, but I really can't think of any ways to cut my costs since I am not the one paying the house bills...

One of my major expenses is bottled water. I know I could use the filters for tap water, but I am bedridden. I get a frozen water (3/4 frozen with 1/4 water or 1/2 and 1/2) each morning.. a new one at noon, one when my mom gets off work at 5 and one before bed. I can't easily get up to get my own.

I cannot tolerate warm water. I didn't even drink regular refrigerated water until recently.. I stopped drinking water years ago and didn't start until last August.

Now I would love to have another solution, but can't find one.

All the bottles that can be frozen are so expensive and I have absolutely zero money. So bottled water is all I can get because we have food stamps.. but a lot of money is wasted on stupid bottled water instead of the food we need more. But when I go through so many bottles a day and cannot get up to get them on my own, I don't have a better solution. I've reused the old water bottles but the way they make them these days (using less plastic) makes them too flimsy to reuse. So I go through 5 or more water bottles a day and that gets so expensive. Anyone have any ideas?
Have you considered getting a Brita water pitcher or a tap filter and once a day you or someone else could fill reusable bottles with the filtered water and then put them in the freezer as you need them? You could fill a bunch of bottles at once, maybe only needing to do that every other day even, have them filled and ready, and then put them in the freezer? I use a Brita pitcher and refill bottles I've saved and also the non-disposable bottles.

AVM rupture 2002. Both embolized in 2006, AVM obliterated.

AVM grown back, 2010. Aneurysm still embolized. Waiting to have AVM re-embolized.

Scoliosis and fibromyalgia.

amethyst_myst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (11-21-2010)