View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Wow, that is NOT a fun way to start retirement. I've had kidney stones but they were not as big as that one. They really hurt. Can't even describe the pain if you haven't had one. What antibiotic do they have you on? They often go right for Quinolones.

I hope they told you things like drink more water, don't have calcium supplements, etc. Did they say to check with your primary doctor and get a parathyroid panel, plus a metabolic panel to rule out parathyroid problems? Oh, and a followup X-ray to check the kidneys and ureters again?

I'm at least glad you were in the ICU when your MG tanked. How scary to wake up on a vent. And, yeah, Cellcept can cause some major diarrhea. IV drugs are always more potent than oral. Duh, people. The problem in a hospital setting is that there's all this rushing around and sometimes they don't take time to THINK.

That's cool that they are being proactive and are having you and your daughter help. It'll help a lot of other patients.

I hope you will let everyone else do the socializing on Thanksgiving and that you will enjoy the food and company, resting quietly in some comfy chair.

I'm glad you are okay.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote