View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question treatment advice for simple partial seizures

Hello all, First timer here. First a little history, My 14 year old daughter has what I believe are simple partial seizures, of the sensory, particularly visual type. (internet doctor here (She has had a normal MRI but abnormal EEG. We are to have our first visit to a pediatric neurologist in two days.) Over the past 6 weeks she has had 0-8 episodes/day of completely unpredictable seizures consisting of 20-45 seconds of hallucinations, visual flashes of vivid dream-like "pictures/videos", deja vu, nausea, rapid breathing, and heaviness in her arms and legs, etc.

What advice might you all have regarding treatments, conservative, dietary or behavioral, and pharmacological. I have looked at a number of the threads here but I would like your perspectives on medications, side effects, risks, benefits, and stories of success after diet modifications etc. I suspect the neurologist will recommend medication and I would like to have some background advice or the right questions to ask before putting my daughter on meds. Thanks
peterpan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote