View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas527 View Post
I am 18 years old and have just been diagnosed with TN about 3 months ago. When my first attack happened i thought it was just a face cramp. Then a week later I had another attack that hurt so bad i couldn't even swallow my own spit. My doctors tried to pass it off as a migraine, which i knew that wasn't the case. Then finally after them dancing around the subject they took me to go get a MRI and a CT for my head to see if it was a tumor. Luckily it wasn't. I feel that my doctors and my parents don't take my condition seriously. I was just wondering if there is anyone close to my age that has this rare disease? Even if not i would like to know of people experiences over the years with TN.
Yes, there are babies diagnosed with the condition. My knowledge stems from the mothers postings on an older forum and from a lot of research on the subject. There were also postings from people around your age as well. If your doctors aren't taking your complaints seriously, you should get an appointment with a neurologist, since they usually diagnose and treat the condition. And make sure you see someone who listens to your complaints. As for your family, I don't have any advice. They can be just as difficult to deal with as complete strangers. Its sad that others just don't understand the magnitude of the pain and the effect it has on us. Take care and post what you finally decide to do and the results.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote