View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Got tweaked and is helping. Was silly and tried to drive 3 hours and sure am paying for it. Hopefully just too soon as I'm only 3 months post implants.

Dr. came in and talked with me about increased spinal fluid pressure. He's baffled. He said he could understand the reasoning better if it happened when my stimulators were turned off, as that would mean it would be something to do with the implant being inside me. But it just happening when they're turned on, baffles him. Also, the fact that it's the lumbar stimulator that's the real culprit (doesn't happen when cervical stimulator is turned on), really baffles him. He said it'd make more sense if it was the cervical one causing the problem.

He said he's presenting my case at the national conference soon and he's planning on talking to others to see if they have had similar situations with their patients or if they have any ideas as to what is going on. He said he doesn't want to take them out and I said I don't want them taken out. He said he's concerned about my eyesight and would call my optha-neurosurgeon and discuss things with her. I told him I'd rather lose some of my vision that go back to living with that pain. So, we'll see how things develop. I go back in a month unless I need to be tweaked sooner.

Forgot to ask when the national conference is going to be held.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-22-2010), Mark56 (12-30-2010)