View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
Love and Other Drugs reviewed by Katey Rich

Given how consistently misleading the ads for Love and Other Drugs have been, it's hard to know what's fair to reveal about the plot. Does anyone even know that it's a movie set in the 90s? Or that it combines comedy and drama in a heady, frequently effective way? Or-- and this may be the biggest spoiler, though it's revealed in the first 20 minutes of the film-- that Anne Hathaway's character isn't just a cutie with brown ringlets, but a 26-year-old sufferer of early onset Parkinson's disease?

Full review: http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/L...rugs-4967.html
Digger,

I think most of us who are active and informed on PD, as in getting involved in improving our situation, know that Anne Hathaway portrays a YO patient. I am thinking that I may be disappointed because the film doesn't delve into what we experience; from what I have read in reviews, critics are unsure of what the movie wants to say- is it a serious love story, romantic comedy, or "disease" movie? Critics are saying it is a hot mess because it is trying to do all of these things. I get the feeling that her PD doesn't seem to be that big a deal and that much of the time, the two stars are naked, so it's not like her character is that afflicted. lol

Either way, I plan to; see it but am bracing myself...hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jingle belle (12-03-2010), lou_lou (11-22-2010)