View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggered View Post
Do you think that trauma, like a car accident, exacerbates the MS symptoms? I didn't have any symptoms until then!!
Upon reflection I did have some minor sx before the accident, but it wasnt on my radar screen long enough, or severe enough to warrent panic. I had periods of exhaustion, I had periods of screwy vision, I had periods of drop foot for a day or two. Then came the car accident, and it was like it just threw me for a loop. I got Optic Neuritis, and was off balance, and exhaustion doesnt even cover it. I was drop dead tired. couldnt walk to the mail box and back. Drop foot stayed for a month or longer, and the local MD was quick to tell me that I was making a big deal out of tiny sx. I was given dx of migraine syndrome and anxiety. 5 years later a new MD was shocked to see my old MRI and was confused as to why it wasnt caught then.

Would I have gotten worse without the car accident? probably. would it have taken much longer? probably. I think the accident pushed me over the edge by forcing my body to react to broken bones. once your immune system ramps up it can really flare MS.

I hope you feel better quick.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote