View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the replies.

The reason I wanted to do this thread is because in March I am getting a VNS for depression. I am hoping it helps with some of the things I can't do. I often wondered which things go with the illnesses we have and which go with the depression.

I have trouble just leaving the house. I only leave it for dr. appts. and otherwise can't go to the store or even for walks at times. I also deal with the suicdial tendencies really bad. I had them all of my life but they did get worse after I got sick.

I'm scared about this but I'm excited too. I cried for 2 days after I found out that my insurance had ok'd it. I just couldn't get past the fact that Bill wasn't here to enjoy it with me if it works.

It's so hard to tell what symptoms and problems go with what. I do see most all of you are the same as I with the normalcy in life. Like Claudia, I enjoy my Grandson's but they come here to me. They will be here today and stay until Tuesday. Thank God they still haven't outgrown me. LOL Devin had a basketball game today and I was going to go but they called and moved it from 12 to 10 and I wasn't ready to go. Secretly I was glad, I was having trouble making myself go out the door to go anyway. Do any of you deal with this problem?

I am thankful for what I do have in my life but I really get frustrated with not being able to do some things for myself. Susan now picks up my meds and groceries where Bill use to do it.

Guys just say some prayers for me that this VNS will help me at least with some of my issues.

I'm sorry that all of you go through this too. I know what my life is like so I actually know what most of you are going through. Some worse then others.

Thanks,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote