View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I really know...

How you feel. We are in the same boat. I truly know what it feels like! I was just saying to my hubby last night that if I just had a diagnosis, I would be able to accept this illness, take my meds and carry on with life. Its the living in limbo that makes it so difficult for me. I don't like the unknown. But I do think that at some point I'm going to have to accept that there are alot of illness that Dr.'s just can't figure out.

I think that there is a grief process we go through when one gets an illness that so heavily effects our life. I certainly have been going through that these past 3 months. I believe that its possible to come to a place of acceptance and peace, even without a diagnosis. But it is a process that takes time. And everyone is different in that timing. But having good pain management is crutial for that too. When we have our pain under control it makes it eaiser to forget that we have this. I've been working with a therapist and also reading alot and trying to change my mind on the way I view this situation. Try to stay more focused on the positive. It helps. But some days I feel so hopeless too. Lately, the negative days are less than the positive ones, so I hope that continues.

Hang in there! Just think if we had this 100 years ago, there would not be any meds to help the pain. We are at least lucky to live in the age we do. Keep your head up! We'll get through this!
rose_thorn98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote