View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PD... That's Entertainment

I may or may not opt to see the movie. For my two cents here... I don't get to go to the movies very often. It's very difficult to sit in one spot for over two hours as you all know. Then add to that the cost of refreshments which pushes the cost up to at least $25 per head. I don't know about anyone else but, I want and need to be entertained.
It certainly helps to get PD out there in the spotlight. If we can get enough people involved and throwing money at it, one would hope that we could at least get some better treatments... God forbid we use the "C" word. Thank you MJ for all you have done and continue to do.
I have worked as a successful entertainer most of my life but, when I look in the mirror these days... well, I'm just not very entertaining. I wouldn't pay money to see me.
The movie industry has a big heart for causes but, they also have to keep the box office afloat. So, if this movie is entertaining but perhaps doesn't show Parkinson's in it's complete picture, I'm not going to complain. I for one do not want to see a young, beautiful actress lose her voice, become bent over like a 90 year old, lose all expression in her face and have that gorgeous hair fall out in chunks... not to mention the pain, loss of sleep, tremors, etc. I can look in the mirror for that.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jingle belle (12-03-2010), lou_lou (11-22-2010)