View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I truly understand your pain and frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiarichic View Post
I was diagnosed with Chiari 1 (1.0 cm herniation) in 2003, and had surgery in 2004. Your symptoms sound very much like what I experienced for many years. It was by accident that my herniation was found. I had a neurological rx to Remicade and had MS type symptoms. I was finally sent to Neurology who did MRI. I definitely believe you need a neurologist instead of just GP to evaluate you. GP's are great but not for complex issues like this. Sometimes you have to get 'firm' with your docs and tell them what you want.And if that doesn't work, you tell them you don't think you are getting their best work and need better care.
Dear Chiarichic,
On Oct. 5th of this year I went to see Dr. Green in Miami. I was so hopeful that I would finally have resolution of some kind once I saw him. They did a CINE MRI and I felt horrible during the test. When I saw him for the follow up on Oct. 6th I was told that I do have Chiari 1 and also major neck issues. He told me that he didn't think it was the Chiari that was causing my symptoms, but he thought it was my neck. He ordered 6 weeks of physical therapy and to follow up with a pain management doc. I have medicaid and found that Medicaid does not cover physical therapy or pain management. I continue to have debilitating headaches and seizures. I don't know how much longer I can live like this. I don't understand why Dr. Green would not do the surgery, as I have a 5mm herniation on the right as well as a 4mm herniation on the left side. I thought he was highly recommened but was deeply dissapointed when basically nothing was done. When I told the doctor that I only had medicaid I was told that it was "pretty much impossible to find a physical therapist that takes Medicaid. When I asked what I should do, he simply shrugged his shoulders. Do you have any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks so much and God Bless.
rnforgod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote