View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I too know of a man who was diagnosed with MS after a car accident. Just by chance. They ran an MRI to check for damage from the accident itself, and lo and behold, MS type lesions. It explained a lot of mild neurological symptoms he'd previously passed off (he's since developed more, unfortunately).

With that said, an accident or a very stressful period can be the catalyst for MS to come to the fore-front for sure, or to result in an inflammatory period during which symptoms are more pronounced, or show up new.

I wish you luck in your search for answers. It may or may not be MS when all's said and done, but regardless of what they find, I do hope you receive some relief from your symptoms (as a fellow Trigeminal Neuralgia sufferer, I feel your pain, literally ) in the near future. Stay in touch with updates and come here if you need help getting through the limbo period.

Edit: I notice you're in Edmonton, AB. I tried taking Gabapentin for my T.Neuralgia, found it did nothing. If you'd like to send me a private message, I'll tell you all the fun stuff I've tried, and what's worked/what are my known triggers. You may want to check out the Trigeminal Neuralgia forum apart from the MS forum on NeuroTalk as well, if you didn't find it already!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-22-2010)