View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is my understanding that morphine (Fentanyl) and methadone don't go together. You are supposed to take either one or the other, but not both together. Because you are using them the way you are, you are not getting the full effects of the meds. Dr. Getson taught me that because I was doing the same thing that you are doing now and didn't know any better.

I tend to agree with Gabby about narcotics. The more I took, the more I needed. At one point I was up to 100 mcg of Fentanyl. And I weighed the least I have since I was in high school. All I did was cry when I wasn't sleeping - the meds made me miserable and sleepy. It's a good thing I have a dog that required a few walks during the day and several friends in my neighborhood that I routinely walk with - otherwise I could have easily spent close to 24 hours a day in bed. The meds were really a downer. It wasn't until I went off of them that I realized how wonderful it felt not to be on them anymore. I needed Suboxone to get off the Fentanyl.

Good luck to you. XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigood243 View Post
I have been on so many mixes of meds of opiates narcotics ect.

the only thing that seems to work on the burning pain is the Fentanyl patch and low does of Methadone. Drs dont feel what we feel, you have to find whats right for you. There are so many additional problems that go with this disorder that its not just about the pain as we all know. I have been fighting this for 5 years with just getting diagnosed 6 months ago. I am mostly bed ridden and just happy to be able to sit here in bed without being in throws of pain.
Lori
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-22-2010), fmichael (11-22-2010), hollyk24 (11-22-2010)