View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Very in-teresting!

imark

This kid is eating bunches of fatty foods, but it's helping control his seizures (beforeo the diet change as many as 130 a day). Here's what they say he eats:

There is no crusade against unhealthful food in our house. Some might argue that unhealthful food is all we let Sam eat. His breakfast eggs are mixed with heavy cream and served with bacon. A typical lunch is full-fat Greek yogurt mixed with coconut oil. Dinner is hot dogs, bacon, macadamia nuts and cheese. We figure that in an average week, Sam consumes a quart and a third of heavy cream, nearly a stick and a half of butter, 13 teaspoons of coconut oil, 20 slices of bacon and 9 eggs. Sam’s diet is just shy of 90 percent fat. That is twice the fat content of a McDonald’s Happy Meal and about 25 percent more than the most fat-laden phase of the Atkins diet. It puts Sam at risk of developing kidney stones if he doesn’t drink enough. It is constipating, so he has to take daily stool softeners. And it lacks so many essential nutrients that if Sam didn’t take a multivitamin and a calcium-magnesium supplement every day, his growth would be stunted, his hair and teeth would fall out and his bones would become as brittle as an 80-year-old’s.

My question is what is this doing to this kid's heart??? I don't know - it sounds the same as us taking one medicine for one thing and then take two more to control the side effects of the first med.

I do know that many people with PD benefit from a gluten free diet - and that stuff is in just about everything! It's an allergic thing, I understand.

What kind of diet should we be eating? (other than low protein in which the amino acids in high-protein foods and meds compete against each other)
I must have missed the talk of food for management of PD symptoms. Is that what you meant?

Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (11-23-2010)