Thread: the stomach bug
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default the stomach bug

My Mom lives in a retirement complex. It is a former teachers retirement home. They all have their each individual apartment but eat the meals together. So last week several of the residents started getting sick and they warned the others if they didn't feel good not to come to the dining room or other activities. Mom felt good so went although in the last 2 months her health has really gone down due to increasing COPD and terrible back, knee and hip pain. So todays hers started . She now is vomiting and has diarrhea. I have to go over there tomorrow and clean up a lot of stuff and bring home very soiled linens and bed clothes. But my big worry is Thanksgiving. My kids are coming here. If this bug is so virulent what happens if I bring it into my home and my little girls get it when they are in the safety of Grandmas house. But I guess kids have to take care of parents 'cause they took care of us and didn't think about the consequences. You all just pray that I can stay healthy for the much smaller Thanksgiving this is causing. My one brother, wife and son are not coming over now in fear of getting it and taking it to her elderly parents. But we are having our little ones 4 year birthday party. I will not spoil that.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote