View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all so much. I have an appointment to consult with an oral surgeon ( to have one tooth pulled) and another endodontist is researching RSD to see if he can help me. Unfortunatly that one does need a root canal, it is up front. The reason I am apprehensive is that I did go to the dentist about six months ago ( after having RSD for 18 months), and had a filling replaced. It had a little decay in it, so I had to be numbed up. The dentist gave me laughing gas, I gave myself a Klonopin, and as soon as the numbing medicaiton wore off, I was in pure agony. The next morning I woke up and that side of my face was swollen, so much so, my eye was swollen shut. The pain was agonizing, not only in my mouth and face, but also in my foot where my RSD is. I had to go to the ER they put in an IV and gave me antibiotics every twelve hours, and sent me home with an RX for morphine shots, since I couldn't open my mouth. The pain was out of control for almost two weeks. Before RSD this has never ever happened. To top it off, I have a very small mouth. I have already had to have four permanate teeth pulled, just to have room for the rest of my teeth. the tooth that needs to be pulled actually does not fit in my mouth properly anyways. I am at the point now that I if these two wont help me, just not telling them and dealing with the consequenses later. The antibiotics are helping a little, but they bring on their own problems.
I have had other health issues and diseases in my past, but this, this is pure hell. I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy. Everything is a fight. I have never seen anything like this. You are all so brave, looking RSD in the face, and still fighting. Thank you
lillizziem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote