View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 06:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catie View Post
Hi!
I have been approved for IVIG infusions. The neuro answered a lot of my questions at my appointment; however I was a little surprised when the office called back today and wanted to set it up to be done at home. I'm OK with transitioning to infusions at home, but thought it'd be safer to have the first dose done in an outpatient setting.

I plan to search older posts, but I hope that anyone on the forum who has recent experience with IVIG treatment could fill me in a bit on their experience. Thanks!

Cate
Cate, your in luck! Recently (the past 3-4 months) I have been having IVIG infusions at my college (IN MY DORM!) I was also a little bit skeptical on having a nurse sit my room for 5 hours while i sleep/rest and get the treatment.

I was nervous at first about having it done in my room, but it has worked out so much better than going to the hospital. Along with the medicine and the proper necesities to get the treatment done the company sends an anaphylactic shock kit, which is really the only BAD thing that can go wrong.

Other than that, the procedure is very simple and un complicated.

If you have any other questions, let me know!
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote