Thread: the stomach bug
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The administrative staff at the apartment say that this is acting like a 24 hour bug. But she called me late last night saying asking what it meant to be throwing up something red So in questioning her over the phone I was able to be pretty sure it wasn't blood but something dark. I told her if she was vomiting blood that she would never forget that smell. It is very distinctive. So wehn I got over there today the bed was A MESS! I think there was a lot of bile but no blood. She is so weak. i have never seen her like this. I am having to see that my Mom is not an immortal. She used a scooter but doesn't use it in her apartment. So I brought it into her bedroom and showed her that it fits well through the doors. So I got her to go in the bathroom, clean herself up a little, she is ferosioucly independent, clean PJs, changed all her linens and have been working for hours to get the stains out of all her linens. She has a nice quilt and a hand knit afghan that got the worst of it. My hands are chapped from all the times I have washed them!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote